Sunday, May 11, 2008

Liesl's Piano Recital








Liesl is one of four freshmen in the high school's performing arts program's 12-person advanced piano class (make sense?). At this recital, she played--masterfully--"100 Years." I had a "fly-on-the-wall" experience listening to the strangers in front of us oohing and aahing. Too bad the piano is past its prime. The pedals creaked louder (at some times for some students) than the notes sounded.

This is Rhiannon! :D Liesl ALWAYS plays this song, and is the BEST pianist EVER!!! I'm oh-so-supportive, aren't I? She plays it soo often at home that I ditched her concert to go to mutual (a weekly church youth group), but I don't think I missed much. At her concert she wore a pretty white shirt with a cool bow thing on the side and a brown skirt. She wore her awesome high heels which she usually (but not this time) takes off to play--kinda like Brooke White, for all you American Idol fans. :D

No comments: