For the big day, Hans made me a cake: yellow, with chocolate pudding frosting, 20+ candles--some in pyramid patterns, some spelling out "happy" and "day," tiny gingerbread man sprinkles, and mint-flavored "Blues Clues" decos (left over from his 2nd birthday party back in SLC). He was very proud! Liesl made me brownies, Ralph made me a couple Mother's Day cards/books, and Rhiannon gave me moral support while I created this blog.
Not to be outdone, Greg played his harmonica to accompany Bob Dylan's "Mr. Tambourine Man." Liesl cringes whenever he even SAYS harmonica, but he's actually good! Greg also helped Hans with the cake, made dinner, and bought me a dozen white roses (for the purity of his love) and a dozen red ones (and for the passion of it)--or something equally romantic like that. I was in my closet Saturday, fulfilling Rhiannon's last-minute request to search for a less geeky-looking pair of black pants that she could wear to her concert, when Greg gifted me with the roses. So I missed the fine points but got the big picture!
Also in honor of Mother's Day, Hans' entire 2nd grade (all 10 classes) participated in a Mother's Day tea. The kids learned words and actions to "Hey, You Beautiful Doll" (or however it's punctuated) in English and "Eres Tu" in Spanish. Plus, they recited a darling poem, served us lemonade and cookies, then gifted us with paintings and flowers in classroom-decorated vases. SOOOO cute! Here's Hans with his painting and with his best buddy, Spencer.

3 comments:
Hey, I love it Jacquie! This is so FUN! I love all the pictures of everyone. I wish I could be there to share in all the fun and memories! Love the cake! Hope your day was great--thanks for the card too. Love and miss you guys!
Sharie
what a wonderful blog!
This will be a fun way to keep in touch. You really have such a beautiful family....please kiss each of them for me.
lov ya
Fun mothers day!! I love your blog and I am glad you got the polka dots :) Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment